What exactly is the problem I'm experiencing right now?

NFSFan99

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
So, starting yesterday I haven't been able to open up all of my movies that I have on my hard drive (I tried opening them on VLC and VLC just opens up and suddenly closes, this occurs with every other video player I have; DivX, SMPlayer, and Windows Media Center). I can also confirm that it is not the file(s) fault as I copied over some of the video files that were crashing and I opened them in my TV and my laptop and it worked fine. I also seem to not be able to open up a majority of my photos as well (same thing occurs, Windows Photo Viewer opens for like .5 of a second and suddenly closes). The same happens with some of my games. Also, explorer.exe has also been randomly crashing and rebooting itself up a lot yesterday and it happened once today and I was just wondering what exactly is going on?

Also, according to HD Sentinel my Hard Drives are working completely fine. So I want to say that it's not a hard drive problem but I don't know. I was hoping you guys could help me out with what exactly is going on. Thanks. If you need any additional information, let me know and I'll try to give you as much information as I can.

NFSFan99

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
So it's apparently not a virus problem, and at this point I don't know whether this is a graphics card related problem, mobo problem, or RAM problem.....I guess I'll try what you suggested as well.