need help with a radeon 7850

kyle12

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Hello all,
I am very new to computers and I have recently purchased a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 and can not figure out how to set up inside my computer. I see where to put it into the PCI slot but do not see where and how to connect it to my power supply. Any advice or help with this would be very helpful to me

On the card the port is on the side opposite of the external output faceplate. For the psu you take one of the 4 pin pci connectors (or a 6 pin if you have it) and connect it to said port. If you have a 6 pin then it plugs straight in, if 4 pin then you plug it into the included adapter to a 6 pin. If you need help finding the right cable tell me which power supply you have.

kyle12

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
i have a turbolink atx-tl 500w-BK. it is a 4 pin pci. is the adapter the cord with the 6 pins on one side and the rectangular end with the 3 pins inside it?

Yes that is the correct cable to use, you simply plug in the matching 4 pin molex cable(Flat 4 pin) to the rectangular slot(Flat 4 pin with 3 pins in it), then attach the 6 pin connector to the card.

kyle12

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
i can not get the 4 pin cable coming from my power supply to fit into the rectangular piece. Those are the 4 pin cables I am supposed to be using correct?

kyle12

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
hmm cant seem to find it, it came in a pre-built computer. I think I just might have to get a new power supply