Sign in with
Your question

PS4, xbox one games in PC

Tags:
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 23, 2013 8:10:43 PM

Hi guys.
I am a PC gamer who also owns consoles.
I use consoles only for exclusives. But I always believed that PC is much stronger.

When Gears of War 1 for xbox360 was running at 720p 30fps in console,
I was able to run it at 1080p 60fps in PC.
However, this is about to change.

Some of the new gen consoles will run at 1080p and 60fps. And this means less gap between console and PC.

Another thing I liked about my PC was SSD. GTA4 for consoles took forever to load whereas mine only took about 10~15sec to load. According to assassin's creed IV, dead rising3 and watch dogs developers, their games will not have any loading time. I don't know how this can be possible when consoles don't have SSD.

So here are my question.
1. How can AC4, DR3, and watch dogs run without loading time? Will PC versions of AC4 and watch dogs also don't have loading time? what is making this possible? is it CPU? GPU? Ram? or SSD?

2. I heard that Battlefield4 on console will run at 1080p and 60fps. Can PC do the same? If so, what GPU does PC need to compete with the new consoles? will 670 or 770 with 2500K CPU enough?

More about : ps4 xbox games

June 23, 2013 8:27:28 PM

The reason said games can load faster, is due to new software mostly. The hardware dosent have much of an effect on consoles. So the loading screens are programmed in to not happen so it will work on pc too, most likely. And the next gen consoles are getting a hardware upgrade similar to the radeon 7970 area. As for BF the computer hardware will have to be top of the line to run it like that at launch.
June 26, 2013 2:26:44 PM

So here are my question.
1. How can AC4, DR3, and watch dogs run without loading time? Will PC versions of AC4 and watch dogs also don't have loading time? what is making this possible? is it CPU? GPU? Ram? or SSD?

2. I heard that Battlefield4 on console will run at 1080p and 60fps. Can PC do the same? If so, what GPU does PC need to compete with the new consoles? will 670 or 770 with 2500K CPU enough?[/quotemsg]

i don't know about your question 1, but for question 2, it's totally going to depend on what detail settings you're going to want. i gaurantee you BF4 will look better on a high end pc than it will on a console.. but if you're going to go for the same level of detail, i bet you could could pull it off with a gtx 660 ti or a gtx 670. or something equivalent to that.
!