How do I fix my audio interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonApril

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
I bought a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 new a few years ago. The problem is that the mic input only works if the input volume's turned up all the way, which is too much. But anything less and the signal drops to barely audible. It used to be that I could wiggle the knob to get it working at lower volumes (or sometimes, strangely, turning the phantom power off then on again worked). Now, it's all or almost nothing.

Also, the headphone jack is loose. Sometimes I only get sound in one ear, or it's crackly in one ear. Wiggling helps. And I know it's the jack since the headphones work fine with everything else.

I have almost no budget to fix this thing. I want to do it myself despite lacking experience (I have to start somewhere, right?). I can borrow equipment if need be or spend a little money. Any advice? These appear to be standard types of audio components that need repair, so I'd imagine there's information out there somewhere, maybe even video tutorials (crossing my fingers).

Thanks for any help!

JasonApril

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
I'm not getting any responses at gearslutz.com either. I just need help fixing a volume knob and a headphone jack. Can someone at least suggest a more appropriate forum or resource?

JasonApril

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Thank you for the site recommendations and advice for repair. Unfortunately the manufacturer offers no service manual or other service info. And my device is out of warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.