How are posts counted ?

Are posts counted by tags ? I was just wondering if answering a question that is associated with multiple tags results in it being posted multiple times and the poster receiving multiple posts for this ?

The reason for my question is the crazy high post counts some people now have. Using simple math some people are sitting at a PC for 10 hours + 7 days a week at an average post count of 8 an hour. That's some going.

Mac
10 answers Last reply
More about posts counted
  1. There are an awful lot of duplicate posts out there at the moment, I don't know if it is a forum bug or people clicking on the submit button several times because the site seems a bit slow but the end result is the same.
  2. Thanks MM

Mac :)
  3. Posts are counted as single replies to individual threads, or new threads themselves.
  4. So the the duplicates are being counted then?
  5. How do you mean by duplicates, MM? If you post more than once, and it's the same thing accidentally, it is still counted unfortunately.
  6. There are many times that people seem to double and triple post, I wonder if it might be the site being a bit slow and the poster keeps clicking on the submit button perhaps but here's a good example of what I mean :- http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1712174/average-handle-ignite-engine.html You'll need to be on the UK site to see that as the US one is likely different.
  7. It's likely an impatient user, or a momentary site glitch. I've seen this as well.
  8. I haven't been able to reproduce it myself hence why I was wondering the cause.
  9. Mousemonkey said:
    I haven't been able to reproduce it myself hence why I was wondering the cause.

I find that if I click on the Reload current page button on the browser's navigation tool bar after submitting a reply and receiving an error message will result in a double post.
  10. ko888 said:
    Mousemonkey said:
    I haven't been able to reproduce it myself hence why I was wondering the cause.

I find that if I click on the Reload current page button on the browser's navigation tool bar after submitting a reply and receiving an error message will result in a double post.

Next time it happens could you try clicking the back button and then the forward button to see what happens please?
Ask a new question

Read More

Tom's Hardware