Sign in with
Your question

How are posts counted ?

Last response: in Forum Feedback
June 24, 2013 8:04:24 AM

Are posts counted by tags ? I was just wondering if answering a question that is associated with multiple tags results in it being posted multiple times and the poster receiving multiple posts for this ?

The reason for my question is the crazy high post counts some people now have. Using simple math some people are sitting at a PC for 10 hours + 7 days a week at an average post count of 8 an hour. That's some going.

Mac

More about : posts counted

June 24, 2013 10:57:34 AM

There are an awful lot of duplicate posts out there at the moment, I don't know if it is a forum bug or people clicking on the submit button several times because the site seems a bit slow but the end result is the same.
June 24, 2013 11:18:18 AM

Thanks MM

Mac :) 
Related resources
June 24, 2013 2:57:44 PM

Posts are counted as single replies to individual threads, or new threads themselves.
June 24, 2013 3:02:59 PM

So the the duplicates are being counted then?
June 25, 2013 6:07:11 AM

How do you mean by duplicates, MM? If you post more than once, and it's the same thing accidentally, it is still counted unfortunately.
June 25, 2013 6:47:38 AM

There are many times that people seem to double and triple post, I wonder if it might be the site being a bit slow and the poster keeps clicking on the submit button perhaps but here's a good example of what I mean :- http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1712174/average-... You'll need to be on the UK site to see that as the US one is likely different.
June 26, 2013 6:40:22 AM

It's likely an impatient user, or a momentary site glitch. I've seen this as well.
June 26, 2013 6:54:43 AM

I haven't been able to reproduce it myself hence why I was wondering the cause.
June 26, 2013 10:45:25 PM

Mousemonkey said:

I find that if I click on the Reload current page button on the browser's navigation tool bar after submitting a reply and receiving an error message will result in a double post.
June 27, 2013 2:29:30 AM

ko888 said:
Mousemonkey said:

I find that if I click on the Reload current page button on the browser's navigation tool bar after submitting a reply and receiving an error message will result in a double post.

Next time it happens could you try clicking the back button and then the forward button to see what happens please?
!