Question about Rules

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
A stretch, and venturing into dark territory, but yes... I'll allow it. Link in Classifieds is permitted if it is Buy Now, with an auction component.

We have to be very careful when it comes to this type of thing, because we are not set up to handle dispute mediation - that's really eBay's domain. There are also some not so reputable auctions taking place, and it wouldn't behoove us to be host to a series of links to auctions that were scamming users.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Thanks for the reply. But I don't want to cause any problems. I just went with Ebay's 'Buy It Now' for the sale so as not to cause any issues here. But it is good to know the interpretation of the rules. Thanks.

Hi, I need clarification on this matter. I really don't want to start a new thread, since this one is great in answering all questions already.

Just one question remains.

Is this rules applicable only to DEALS forum, or to any forum links to eBay.
In other words, can I link to eBay auctions when advising on hardware in other forums (not Deals)?

I appreciate for answer.

P.S. Did mean to hijack this thread, since my question is somewhat related to the original one, I am sorry if it is classified as hijack.

The problem with that is people will start to slip their own auction links into any thread whenever and wherever possible if they think that they might be able to get a sale.

Mousemonkey said:
The problem with that is people will start to slip their own auction links into any thread whenever and wherever possible if they think that they might be able to get a sale.

So, does it means it is not OK to use links to eBay auctions in regular hardware forums?
Or otherwise? I am confused with your answer, but I understand your point of concern.
Thanks for quick reply.

Joe will be the final arbiter but I agree with Mousemonkey - Deals only. If I see e-Bay links in "ordinary" threads I'd suspect and act as though it was commercial Spam. Also, have careful regard to the rules on bumping in Deals.

Saga Lout said:
If I see e-Bay links in "ordinary" threads I'd suspect and act as though it was commercial Spam.

Which means - no good, I guess, correct? Confusing, no offense please. Auction links or buy now links... or both.

Saga Lout said:
Also, have careful regard to the rules on bumping in Deals.
:??:
Deals forum is no interest to me for near future, that is for sure, because I am specializing in Dell upgrades and this involves eBay, unfortunately (where else you can find old parts).

Thanks for reply.

Personally I have always felt its a no no and have deleted such links and posts but at the end of the day like Saga Lout said it's up to Joe and if he says it's OK then that's the way it shall be.

Thanks for quick response.

Mousemonkey said:
but at the end of the day like Saga Lout said it's up to Joe and if he says it's OK then that's the way it shall be.

I wish everything was black and white, but it is not.

I will wait for final words. Time is not important, no rush...

P.S. I have a one puzzling thread waiting for old processors decision, which will involve eBay - I don't want for my answer (or me) be deleted, especially now when the solution here is so close.

Appreciated for all help here.

Thanks for reply, but I meant different.
Question was - is it OK to link eBay auctions in regular forums (not DEALS), say I am advising someone on hardware parts and I found eBay auction with the part, can I link to this item?

So, basically, is Deals auction rule applies to general forums? Yes means - we can not link to eBay auctions, and No means we can, no restrictions.

Thanks again for your time.
Appreciate.

TRENDING THREADS