OCZ solid 3

amdman599

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hey,
Does anyone know if the ocz solid 3 120gb is a good SSD? I have been slowly buying parts for a new pc and would like to know since i need a boot drive. Also trying to stay within my red/black color scheme. I would appreciate some input and recommendations.

Thanks

The OCZ Solid 3 is an older ssd that is no longer in production. OCZ has stopped production of most consumer ssd's due to financial problems. The only 2 consumer series left are Vector and Vertex models.

I normally recommend Samsung because of overall excellent performance and reliability. Crucial, Intel, and Plextor are also worth considering.

I maintain the ssd database listed in the sticky at the very top of this forum section. Here is the link:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.html

Scroll down to the brands and models you are interested in and follow the links to the technical reviews.

As Johnny mentions, the OCZ Solid 3 is an older drive that wasnt exactly premium at the time. Going for a newer, higher performance drive would be best. Something like a Samsung 840 or OCZ Vertex 450 would serve just fine for a boot/programs drive.