Sign in with
Your question

About formatting hdd after installing ssd for boot.

Last response: in Storage
June 25, 2013 4:13:15 PM

I have two questions.

1. Should I leave the system reserved partition on my 1.5 tb HDD or delete it if I'm going to use it as storage?

2. My computer is taking forever to confirm the windows 8 license online. Is it bad if I don't confirm it? Should I try confirming through my phone?
a c 96 G Storage
June 25, 2013 4:30:30 PM

It takes a few days at least for windows to self authorize. If there is a problem and you get a message saying that your OS is not a valid copy or some such, then call.

For your HDD, if you are gonna use it for storage, change it to a logical drive and give it a letter so windows will see it. Name it too if you want.

June 25, 2013 5:04:12 PM

spooky2th said:
It takes a few days at least for windows to self authorize. If there is a problem and you get a message saying that your OS is not a valid copy or some such, then call.

For your HDD, if you are gonna use it for storage, change it to a logical drive and give it a letter so windows will see it. Name it too if you want.

So for my HDD I should not delete the system partition? I formatted both the system and storage partitions on my HDD.
a c 96 G Storage
June 25, 2013 5:09:15 PM

You can have two partitions if that's what you want. Make them logical, give them both a letter so windows will see them and I would name them too. Naming them helps you to identify which drive is which especially when you look at them thru "Computer."

!