Increasing Dedicated Video Ram

Dirtsk8r

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
So I have a HP Compaq running one Windows 7 SP1 and an Intel Core 2 Duo at 300 Ghz with 4 GB DDR3 Ram. My graphics card is quite terrible though, its an integrated Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset. Now I often use systemrequirementslab.com to check and see if I should even try running a game. Usually though, the only problem is my dedicated video ram. It basically says everything else is fine but my dedicated video ram always shows to be lacking by ALOOOOT. It shows my dedicated video ram to be 64 MB. First of all, I was wondering if it's even possible to increase dedicated video ram. Second, if possible, how would I go about doing that and what should I increase it to? Thanks in advance for your help.

Wolfshadw

Titan
You cannot add dedicated graphics memory (either the memory chips are there or they are not). However, since Windows Vista, Microsoft operating systems have automatically allocated temporary graphics memory from system memory. I believe the terms used were Hypermemory (for AMD graphics) and Turbocache (for NVidia graphics).

-Wolf sends