high-end pc for gaming and programming that will last

David Perra

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Hello.

I am building a PC that will be used mainly for gaming and programming (maybe some heavy computation too), but I would also like it to last several years before I have to upgrade it, while maintaining the possibility to do so if needed.

I am not obsessed with graphics or FPS, so this configuration is probably way too overkill for today's standards, but as I said before I do not want to have to upgrade it after, lets say, 3-4 years just to keep up with the requirements of games (my current PC is 9 years old, but I think the case is the only component that have not been changed haha).

So this is the configuration:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aoak

Are there some obvious mistakes, or bottlenecks? Anything that you think would be useless even in the long term?

Thank you very much.

PD: I hope since Haswell arquitecture is new, this motherboard will be good for upgrading for a long time.

David Perra

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your answer.
I am in the European Union, so I cannot buy on newegg.
I guess right now is a waste of money buying a i7. The question is: ¿what about after a few years?

Antares16M26

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
after a few years you would of considered upgrading the motherboard and cpu so no worries its a great cpu and it will last you a long time.

34xdxd

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
David Perra,

The graphics card that antares told you about only has 2Gb ov VRAM and the other one has 4Gb. Attention! If you want it to last you better buy the 4Gb version, as games and programs in the future will require more of that.

Hope I helped,

34xdxd

Antares16M26

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

he cant get it anyways didnt look at it very close but yeah your choice its a very nice card with 4gb of vram.

David Perra

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Yes, I heard modern consoles have a lot of VRAM. I looked for the 4gb model since the beginning.

34xdxd

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

Do not get the 2Gb version.