USB Device not recognized by flash drive?

bingaloman

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2012
One of my computers has a problem recognizing USB flash drives.

I already reinstalled Windows 7 as well as reinstall drivers from motherboard manufacturer website but whenever I plug in a flash drive into ANY USB port, it shows not being able to recognize and give Error code 10 in device manager.

Solutions I have tried so far,
-reinstall windows and drivers
-uninstall all USB controllers, restart windows and allow it to automatically reinstall drivers and controllers

Mouse and keyboard are USB and those work fine, but when I try to use a flash drive it does not recognize it.

Anyone know a solution?

Thanks!

Solution
If you just said you have reinstalled windows 7 already then just try using the flash drive to a different port or a different computer. If it does not work then probably it has gone bad.

aTechMate

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
If you just said you have reinstalled windows 7 already then just try using the flash drive to a different port or a different computer. If it does not work then probably it has gone bad.

Solution

bingaloman

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2012

Yeah I reinstalled Windows 7 and the USB still says unrecognized. It works on other computers but not this one, but for some reason the mouse and keyboard works, just not USB flash drives.

smshaaban

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Same problem here with Kingston DTSe9 32 GB pen drive.