Sign in with
Your question
Solved

USB Device not recognized by flash drive?

Last response: in Storage
June 25, 2013 11:59:47 PM

One of my computers has a problem recognizing USB flash drives.

I already reinstalled Windows 7 as well as reinstall drivers from motherboard manufacturer website but whenever I plug in a flash drive into ANY USB port, it shows not being able to recognize and give Error code 10 in device manager.

Solutions I have tried so far,
-reinstall windows and drivers
-uninstall all USB controllers, restart windows and allow it to automatically reinstall drivers and controllers

Mouse and keyboard are USB and those work fine, but when I try to use a flash drive it does not recognize it.

Anyone know a solution?

Thanks!

Best solution

July 1, 2013 11:39:54 AM

If you just said you have reinstalled windows 7 already then just try using the flash drive to a different port or a different computer. If it does not work then probably it has gone bad.
July 1, 2013 4:45:12 PM

aTechMate said:
If you just said you have reinstalled windows 7 already then just try using the flash drive to a different port or a different computer. If it does not work then probably it has gone bad.

Yeah I reinstalled Windows 7 and the USB still says unrecognized. It works on other computers but not this one, but for some reason the mouse and keyboard works, just not USB flash drives.
!