Sign in with
Your question

suggestions would help never used re audio

Tags:
Last response: in Cars
June 26, 2013 1:15:10 AM

Hey wat do you guys think about putting a hifonics brutus 2400 watt rms on two re audio sxx 12s

More about : suggestions audio

June 27, 2013 2:28:47 PM

If you have 2 of those subs, just make sure you wire each voice coil in parallel and then the subs together in parallel. That should give you 1omh, which the amp can pump out at 2400 watts.
m
l
June 27, 2013 3:01:04 PM

They are dual 2ohm coils

m
l
Related resources
August 16, 2013 8:29:56 AM

Sorry, I'm new member here but I am a seasoned member on a well known Car audio forum. To answer your question, yes, you can definitely run those subs on that amp. The final impedance can either be .5 ohms(not suggested unless running a high output alt, and some type of battery bank, preferably a couple of big Group 31s) or 2 ohms nominal. I'd suggest running at 2 ohms obviously, unless you DO have the electrical upgrades to support .5 ohm load. I don't ever suggest running .5 ohm for a daily setup. 1 ohm is as low as I ever suggest to someone I don't know their knowledge. Anyway, that amp obviously puts out its power rating at 1 ohm, so Dual 4 ohm subs would be more suited to that amp to get the power out of it. You can wire to 2 ohms though, and still get some great output from those subs. They are 3" 8 layer aluminum coils and they will take the power. The soft parts are usually what will fail on subs of that brand before anything else. But they'll take good, clean power all day long. I hope this was a helpful response :) 
m
l
August 17, 2013 12:21:28 PM

You won't get a better answer than CleanSierras. I'd still add another battery even with that amp running at 2ohms because that will still be a lot of amperage.
m
l
September 6, 2013 3:32:34 AM

wip99gt said:
You won't get a better answer than CleanSierras. I'd still add another battery even with that amp running at 2ohms because that will still be a lot of amperage.

thanks for sharing
m
l
!