Tom’s Hardware – CyberPower Haswell CPU PC Sweepstakes

Divenity

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I got an email on the 24th saying I had won this: http://blog.cyberpowerpc.com/2013/06/05/toms-hardware-cyberpower-haswell-cpu-pc-sweepstakes/. I checked out all the info, the phone number matched up with the company's listed number, and I found the reply to email (mbergen@bestofmedia.com) was listed on bestofmedia.com itself as a contact email to send job related stuff to, so I trust it. So I called to confirm and then sent in the forms.

Now, just today I noticed that on the 17th, someone else had posted a thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1706382/toms-sweepstakes-email-real.html) saying he had gotten an email saying he won... So... I'm guessing he either didn't trust it or got disqualified for whatever reason?

Thoughts?

This is the email I received:

Hi [name removed for obvious reasons],

Congratulations on behalf of Bestofmedia Group for winning Tom's Hardware - CyberPower Haswell CPU PC Sweepstakes! You’ve won a Cyberpower PC.

Please fill out the attached affidavit and W9 form and return to me. If I don't receive your reply to this email within two days, you are no longer eligible for the prize.

Feel free to email me or call me with any questions you may have.

All the best,

Molly Bergen

Editorial Production Coordinator

Bestofmedia Group

9696 Culver Blvd #104

Culver City, CA 90232, USA

Tel: 310-558-9847

Fax: 310-558-9850

www.bestofmedia.com

Tom's Hardware I Tom's Guide I Computing.net I Tom's IT Pro.

Edit: ugh, accidentally posted this in the wrong section... meant to put it where the last guy put his, I reposted a new thread in the right section... sorry >.>

drtoast

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Congrats on a sweet win. But my guess would be, they probably didn't reply soon enough :p I dont check my e-mail even once a week usually xD 2 days seems... very harsh

Divenity

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

I suppose that is quite possible, I guess I'm very happy that I check my email daily then lol.

And thanks ^.^