Can I run GTA IV / Make a dual-monitor setup with extended desktop with this card?

ZyzzBrah

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Hello everyone. I'm making a PC setup soon and I'm pretty much on low budget. I'm wondering if I can make a dual-monitor setup with this video card that I'm gonna purchase without having to buy a VGA splitter since I don't need the same image on both screens, but I want to extend it over both screens.

Second, can I run games like GTA IV on this video card? Here are my specs and you can review them perhaps and tell me if I can atleast run GTA IV on low settings on this PC:

CPU: Intel Core™ i3 3220 3.3GHZ Ivy Bridge
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHZ
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GT 630 1GB
Hard Drive: 500GB

Please answer both of my questions: Can I make a dual-monitor setup with an extended image? and can I run games like GTA IV ATLEAST on low settings?

Cheers

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
As long as the card has a 2nd video output (HDMI or DVI) you can use it for a 2nd monitor. I'm sure about one being digital and one being analog, however.

Unless you are gaming at very low resolution, that card is not going to give you smooth frame rates to play GTA IV

ZyzzBrah

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Hello, and thanks for your answer.

I'm sorry about my lack of knowledge regarding this situation, but I assume this Graphics Card has 2 outputs (VGA and HDMI), but I wasn't so sure about that I'm able to do a dual-monitor setup. About the GTA IV thing, I'm gonna play it on low settings but I'm pretty concerned that would lag or wont work at all, because if it lags I'll have to get me a better credit card even if I had to raise up my budget.

Update: Do you think my CPU would actually bottleneck the GPU's performance? Since I've been told that this might of happen because I have an i3 3200.