Asus VS247H-P Or ASUS VS239H-P for gaming? *Quick answer please

O Possum

Honorable
May 4, 2013
Hi.

I'm trying to pick out a monitor for my 770 + i5 haswell build.

I've narrowed it down to either the Asus VS247H-P

Or the Asus VS239H-P

I'm a bit confused about something tho. Is the only difference between these monitors the screen size? If so why is the 23 inch more expensive than the 24 inch?

Like I put in the title I need a monitor for gaming and I'd prefer a quick answer because I'd like to order it today so it will be in quicker since I have all the parts but no monitor.

If they are both the same just different screen sizes I will probably get the first one since it's cheaper and bigger.

Also are these monitors good quality? Does anyone have/had them to speak from experience?

Jimbob1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013
I would go with the VS247H myself. It's LED which lasts alot longer, whereas IPS monitors aren't so good. The white on IPS monitors are yellowish whereas the LED are purely white. The viewing angles on the LED's aren't very good in comparison with the IPS, but the LED is good.

I have 2 of the Asus VN247 and they're great for gaming. The only downside of LED is that they have screen bleed; well the majority of them.

Personally, go with the VS247H.

O Possum

Honorable
May 4, 2013

Wait the vn247 isn't an ips? But it says it is on the amazon page.

And I heard that ips has the best color.

Jimbob1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013

can promise you, the vn247 is not IPS, it's LED Backlight. And in certain aspects yes, but for gaming no. I had an IPS monitor and switched to LED and the difference was remarkable.

O Possum

Honorable
May 4, 2013

Really? Almost everyone else I've talked to about monitors has said the opposite.

Also what's going on with your quote?