New graphics card.but monitor gets no signal

JH5

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Hey guys, I recently got a GTX 650 ti Boost to take the place of my old 7670. However, before I put the card in, I did not uninstall my AMD drivers. (I'm new to this/fresh meat) Now when I plug my video cable (VGA cable+DVI adapter) into my monitor, I get no signal. Fan works though. I tried to put my 7670 back in but I got the same results with my 650. My monitors says check video cable or no signal. I even tried to use a DVI cable alone. Now I think it's either a problem with my monitor or some motherboard related issue or my pci slot is broken. Additional deets: my card is put into the pci e slot correctly, and when I put back the 7670 into the pci slot, the fan starts running without external power, so it should not be a power issue. Any help?

JH5

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013

The gtx card only supports dvi, but my computer came with a VGA to dvi adapter, so I use that. To clarify, one VGA end is plugged into my monitor, and the other end is connected to an adapter which is plugged into the card

Quantic

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Are you hearing any beeps or know if your computer is doing a POST/launching bios? When you turn on your computer with the cables plugged in, does your monitor say that it has no signal or does it just show a black screen?

I encountered a similar problem yesterday, I don't know if I had the same problem or if I can find the solution but I will try to help to the best of my knowledge.

JH5

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013

There are no beeps, and I have no idea what the bios is or anything mobo related. When I have the cables plugged in, my monitor says monitor going to sleep. I hit the autoaudjust button on it and it says VGA and DVI searching...no signal

Quantic

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Ok, well since you don't know if your BIOS is launching I would either recheck if everything is properly connected or unplug most of everything and plug them back in.
-See if all connectors are properly connected. (If your mobo has an additional 8 pin power connector make sure it's connected some people forget this)
-See if PCI-E on the GFX card is connected to the PSU.
I don't know if something happened to your RAM, but you can check that out. (Take 1 stick out at a time and try turning the computer on).

JH5

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Okay so I tried reseating the ram, taking them out one by one. I have three sticks, and whenever I take a certain one out, my mobo beeps 5 times then pauses, 5 times again, pauses, and repeats. It didn't beep for the other two. Also, my gtx card is plugged into a 6 pin connector. I don't know what you meant when you said to make sure my pcie is connected to the psu, but my card is connected

Quantic

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Putting the card in the pci express slot isn't the only thing you do. You need to make sure that the gfx card is connected to the psu via connector. That's what I meant.