Pro Diagnostic Home Visit Computer Probems Reasonably Priced?

cdog46

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
I have just straigtened out a friends XP laptop that-when scanned with Malbytes-removed 20 entrys of the PUP toolbar malware.
I am 67, sitting home twiddling my thumbs, going crazy doing nothing. This person for whom I did this job is very inteligent, but like so many, uses but has not a clue about computers.
I am a semi retired-not by choice electronic technician who can fix anything electronic with a schematic and some hardware. O-scope, DVM, spectrum analyzer, vector network analyzer. I mention these toolsthat don't all pertain to a computer but to indicate my component & system level of expertise.

My question:(finally!) can someone recommend some reasonalably priced software which I could use in a small PC touble shooting home visit business? Personally-now I use Xplode ADW, Malbytes, & Hitman on my home computers & they seem to do the job. These are for PC's as that is what I would primarily deal with. Can anyone offer me suggestions caveats?? Thanks in advance!

Hirem's boot disc on a disc or USB key to be able to run memscans, remove passwords, scan HD's, access the HD to copy and backup files if needed, along with an external drive to use for backing up info if a reinstall is needed.

For scanning tools, hijack this, malwarebytes, spybot, cc cleaner, and there is probably a few others I use as well. Get yourself a few USB keys to store all this stuff on, makes it easy to bring with.

Can of worms this idea, what happens if you zap a critical document and your customer throws a wobbler. Most companies get customers to sign a waver, but you won't have a leg to stand on. Just them saying, its OK I have nothing worth keeping will not cut it when things go wrong.