GPU: GT9800
CPU: i3-2100 Sandy Bridge
Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M
PSU: 650w corsair
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Resolution: 1680x1050
Average FPS: 30-ish?

New Rig!

GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE (bought couple of months ago)
CPU: i5-3570k (Bought yesterday YAY, no overclocking for now though, I don't have that good cooling system since I didn't have that much in my budget... :( ... meh! still awesome)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX
PSU: 750w OcZ (bought couple of months ago)
RAM: 4 GB 1600Mhz (nothing fancy I just bought what fit in my budget, since I didn't want to run on DDR3 1333 8GB I had for couple of months before now)
Resolution: 1680x1050 (I just don't want to change it! I love my 16:10 aspect ratio! Don't get me wrong but I really do prefer 1680x1050 way more than 1920x1080 "full HD" 16:9 resolution)
Average FPS: 60! Hell yeah!
So here's the question:

P.S.

I'm using Windows 8 64 bit with shell extension, mostly because of boot time, I can go back to Windows 7 without any problems so if you have any solid arguments on WHY I shouldn't use Windows 8 go ahead and write them!

Will I be able to stream on Twitch.tv at 720p quality while having more than 30 FPS in-game? (I'll probably use Open Broadcaster Software http:// because it runs much lighter than Xsplit and gives same damn quality! I tested it on my last rig so...)

P.S.

Can I somehow install 2 VGA monitors on my GTX 660 Ti? it only has one DVI -> VGA port other one is for HDMI cable...

So what do you think? About the rig? about Streaming? About weather? :D

Solution
Windows 8 is simply more trouble than ease of use.

Its pretty difficult to use. I am using it for more than 4 months now and stuck with it because well .. I bought it out just to see what exactly Metro UI is. And now I know that it sucks. ;)

Some points -

1) Usual Windows games which were bundled with Windows 95 - Windows 7 are not included in Windows 8 and most are not available in the Store.

2) It is designed for touch based devices and it sucks with usual mouse and keyboard. Not recommended.

3) It is very difficult to figure out what does exactly what due to its corner functions. Using search is pain in rear.

4) It simply sucks overall. :D

-------------------------------

Yeah you should be able to stream videos at well above 30 FPS in most games. I am not talking about max settings in Battlefield 3 and then streaming, but if you keep them mid - high and at that resolution, things would run very smoothly.

Remember to throw in another 4 GB RAM too! Only 4 GB seems to be insufficient for that system.

Overall your experience would be very smooth if you can cope up with 25 seconds start up time instead of 20 seconds with Windows 8.
Also let me tell you a secret, this windows fool people at shut down by turning off the screen in less than 3 seconds (to let people know their system is fully shut down) and continues to do it for next 15 seconds which your CPU lights show. :D

LizardProtection

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

so that's why my Mouse lights (I have razer lachesis and it's wheel and razer sign are glowing red) are still glowing after I shut down my PC hehe

I installed this "Shell extension" which literally brings the normal windows view back, I suggest you check it out if you haven't, I'll stick with Windows 8 FOR a bit and if I won't like it I'll probably go back to Windows 7 64 bit which worked fine with me and I loved it and it loved me and we had beautiful relationship until Windows 8 came (what a wh*** ruining relationships and being good for nothing! hehe)

Anyways, thank you for your response, so I should stream without any problems! That made me really happy!

I'll be upgrading my RAM as soon as I get enough money I just physically don't have it right now! So don't worry about that! I just didn't want to install 1333 Mhz ram with new CPU hehe.

____

OFF topic right now I just have a question if you know,

Can I connect my 2nd VGA monitor to my MOTHERBOARD (which has its integrated video card) and run "dual screen setup"?

I really hate the fact that GTX 660 Ti only has 1 DVI -> VGA port other ones are for HDMI and I don't have HDMI screens :'(

Thanks for the reply! much appreciated!

Oh I see. That is no problem. :)

By the way, I too had a 2 year relationship with my Windows 7 but curiosity to try new stuff ruined that. :lol:

Anyways, you can buy HDMI to DVI cables as well -

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimited-PCM-2296-06-HDMI-Cable/dp/B0007MWE1E

If you use the cable you won't loose out on all the awesomeness of the graphics card on 1 display and would be able to connect your usual DVI monitor to HDMI slot in the card. ;)

Solution

Well they kind of convert HDMI to VGA as Monitor is output device (Not input), so HDMI signals given by Video card are converted to VGA signals in Monitor. And yeah they work. :p

If you think the question is solved you might want to pick solution. It would help others too this way. :)

LizardProtection

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

Don't get me wrong I'd want to pick a solution but the thread's main point is "What do you think about this Rig?" and it doesn't really require solution, I don't want to choose the VGA -> HDMI converter because it IS off topic, tell me if I should I don't really have any problem I just don't want to confuse someone :p I'm new to all this forum stuff so, I'm trying to be a bit careful if you know what I mean....

Thank you VERY much by the way you've been really helpful all this time!

I just figured out this is a discussion thread and solution thing is not present in it :lol:

I am myself fairly new to these forums as well, still learning how things work here. Hardly 1 month passed since I joined.