Is there a way to delete old AMD display drivers after installing a new Nvidia card?

JH5

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
I just got a GTX 650 TI Boost, and I installed it right away. I didn't delete my old AMD 7670 drivers before putting in the new card. Now my monitor has no signal, and I can't go into windows to delete the AMD drivers. Is there anyway that I can install the new gtx drivers in the cd that the card came with?
Add. Details: my card is put into place correctly, and my VGA to DVI adaptor is plugged into the card and monitor. The card gets sufficient power, and the fan runs when I start my pc. I tried a different monitor, and that got no signal. I tried reseating the ram, no luck. I also tried putting my7670 back but it also got no signal. Help please?

Steven Gibb

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
You could try booting into "safe mode" right when the BIOS screen shows up by pressing F8.
Safe mode loads only the basic drivers and services required to get Windows running and you will be able to uninstall your old drivers that way.
Hope this helps:)

Try to reset the BOIS by taking out the CMOS battery for 5 mins. Than put the battery back in place, try your old GPU, if you get the signal try removing old driver first using ccleaner http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ than put the new GPU and install the driver. Good Luck.

I guess not. That is the whole issue, his video card is not registering his monitor and thus he is not able to see anything in it except the usual no signal sign. Bios won't show up as well.

And yeah, someone else might be able to help out as I am not getting a clue about it in this case. ^^

JH5

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Kay so I'm really having trouble finding the clr cmos jumpers and CMOS battery. I suspect it's under my huge ass gpu, but I broke that pin at the end of the pci e slot by accident, so it's kinda stuck there. To make things worse, my mobo has no inboard graphics