looking for a casual gaming graphics card

Would it be a sensible decision to buy a gtx 760 or would it be ok to go for a 7950 based on a price to performance ratio.
9 answers Last reply
More about casual gaming graphics card
  1. whats your budget ?
  2. If you are on a tight budget than go for the cheaper one, it won't hurt you much.
  3. lonewolf7 said:
    If you are on a tight budget than go for the cheaper one, it won't hurt you much.


    My budget's around $300-350. I have read a couple of reviews regarding the new nvidia cards and the AMD 7950 boost edition as well.
  4. Both a great cards, the performance difference is minimal, go for whoever fits your budget, either way is a great buy.
  5. slamer80 said:
    Both a great cards, the performance difference is minimal, go for whoever fits your budget, either way is a great buy.


    Thanx, however if you can also suggest a gaming pc configuration. My budget is around a $1000 .
    My current pc configuration's quite out-dated. I have a core 2 duo 2.4ghz an intel motherboard an nvidia gt630 and 4gigs of ddr2 ram. Should i go for the new haswell processor or should I wait for the amd piledriver processors. I do like gaming a bit and I use the internet quite a lot for work... Thanx in advance...
  6. Neil charton said:
    slamer80 said:
    Both a great cards, the performance difference is minimal, go for whoever fits your budget, either way is a great buy.


    Thanx, however if you can also suggest a gaming pc configuration. My budget is around a $1000 .
    My current pc configuration's quite out-dated. I have a core 2 duo 2.4ghz an intel motherboard an nvidia gt630 and 4gigs of ddr2 ram. Should i go for the new haswell processor or should I wait for the amd piledriver processors. I do like gaming a bit and I use the internet quite a lot for work... Thanx in advance...


    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009B6Y01Y/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    *points and screams very energetically so OP doesn't miss out*
  7. ihog said:


    Thanx :) and please provide me your suggestions for a gaming pc build within a $1000 as well thanx in advance...
  8. Here is the build I would recommend:

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aRvr
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aRvr/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aRvr/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($139.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($69.30 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($124.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1194.23
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
Ask a new question

Read More

Performance Graphics Cards Gaming Graphics