which graphics card will "fit" my computer?

Martin Meraz

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Hello Its my first time posting here, I was told you guys have a IQ of over 9000..
My computer model is P7-1414, what graphics card will fit in it? Im going to upgrade to a better power supply because the one it has obviously is not strong enough. I play world of warcraft and Id like to play on ULTRA settings, minus the shadow setting i don't care about shadows.
I think my tower is small.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Your tower isn't overly small. It will still accept any full-height PCI-Ex16 graphics card. The only issues you might run into are:

1) The power supply (which you look to be taking care of).
2) Whether or not you have a card installed in the neighboring PCI-Ex1 slot.
3) How much space you have beyond the right edge of the motherboard (if any).

To that last point, your motherboard is 9.6" in width. If any other part of your system (say a hard drive in the drive cage) and/or cables (SATA Power/Data) extend over the edge of the motherboard, you will need to select a graphics card of lesser length. The longest graphics card I've seen was 11". If you're unsure, just take a tape measure and measure the distance from the rear I/O expansion slot (inside the case) to the edge of the internal case component (drive cage most likely). It may be necessary/possible to move the hard drive(s).

-Wolf sends

The power supply you have looks to be a 300 watt one. You can run a Radeon 7750 easily on that and get very close to max settings in WoW, I was able to almost max out the game on a nVidia 9800 GT which is slower than the 7750.

A Radeon 7770 may also be OK to get without a powersupply upgrade, but it used 80 watts vs 40 for the 7750. There is a very good buy on Newegg for a Saphire 7770 for just over $100, you may want to snag that and see if it runs OK in your system. The card should fit fine in the case.