Shappire 7870 xt shows black screen after monitor is turned off

matizami

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2013
i installed win 8 on my new pc who includes Shappire 7870 xt boost and monitor Samsung T220. whether i turned off the monitor manually or it turns off automatic by power saver, sometimes the monitor shows only black screen. The monitor does turns on, it's light turn on, but all i get is black screen.

i also have I5 4570 and Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H. so after i installed windows, i installed the motherboard drivers, includes Intel HD Graphics 4600. Could it conflicts with the ATI's driver?

also, when i connect the monitor to the motherboard it works fine (so far at least). but games doesn't run smoothly...

um... if you're turning off the monitor i'd assume you would be getting a black screen...

I assume you mean something else. Have you updated to the newest drivers?

matizami

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2013
i meant i get black screen when i turn on the monitor after it was turn off or at power saving mode, both cases while the pc is still running.

yes, i have the latest drivers.

Davis Peskovs

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I have a problem when i play a game or watching vidos on web my screens turn black and i can still hear talking in video clip then its turn back on. It like you press on then off then on.