Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Asus DirectCU II

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

TsukiKanade

Honorable
May 29, 2013
Hi everyone.

Ever since the GTX 760 came out, I've been looking at the available variants to try and pick out the best candidate for my needs. I pretty much narrowed it down to two or three (with the third being an honorable mention, in my opinion)

1st Candidate:
Gigabyte Windforce OC

2nd Candidate:
MSI TwinFrozr OC

Honorable Mention
Asus DirectCU II (just because I like the Asus brand)

Current system specs (I have the MSI card listed on that spec just so I can gauge the final price for the entire system; I don't actually have a dedicated GPU just yet)

I'm looking towards a good mix of cooling, acoustics and performance. From what I've read in several sites (including Tom's, of course), Gigabyte and MSI's offerings seems to be neck to neck at these categories. The order in which I prioritize the three categories are with cooling as the top priority (since this gives me room to overclock/compensate), followed by base performance, then acoustics. I would appreciate your comments as to why you picked one or the other!

I'm gonna vote MSI Twin Frozr. I've owned several MSI cards and had no problems. The Twin Frozr cooler has been well respected for quite a while. Second to that though the Asus DirectCU was a close second for me. I could go either way with MSI and Asus.

The Gigabyte Windforce cooler seems to be popular right now. And Gigabyte does make great motherboards. Never owned one of their video cards but there's nothing wrong with that. :)

Gameswithnoah

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
IMO. MSI takes the trophy in this question. there all pretty much the same performance but the msi's twin frozr IV has the superior cooling for OC if you plan on it. Id go with the MSI any day but all in all. its your choice.

TsukiKanade

Honorable
May 29, 2013
Thanks for the replies so far. Wow, this is really a tough choice. Though, I am beginning to lean towards MSI since the Windforce currently has two versions (Rev 1.0 and 2.0) and there have been no reviews on Rev 2.0. The uncertainty of the concrete differences between the two (so far, the differences include the shroud material (plastic vs. metal, three heat pipes vs two respectively) make me lean towards MSI. Though, the votes suggest otherwise. I am aware that both seem to be quality products and pretty much butt heads in most categories. I'm going to wait for a promo before I grab one, and hopefully my resolve is solidified by then.

Again, thanks for the suggestions so far!