Lan port n/a and and computer hanging problem

Andrew Maxwell

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Hi,

I did a very mild overclock on my brand new system and now the Lan port is not working. Also when it reaches the desktop on bootup 9/10 times the computer hangs - with either a blank screen or more often fuzzy graphics. I've tried everything I can think of. What's causing the fault?
AndyMax

Andrew Maxwell

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

Thanks Tradesman1,

CIT Case with m-300PSU (350w)
4GB (2x2gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz CL9 1.5v BLS2CP2G3D1609DS1S00CEU
AMD A10-5700k APU
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 motherboard latest Bios (2.1)
Kingston V300 120GB SSD

So I completely removed all the AMD drivers reverting to the VGA driver and the hanging with a fuzzy screen stopped happening. I removed all the Realtek (Audio and Lan) drivers and the lan problem went away. (But only after I removed the power plug and kept it out for 30 seconds)

It wasn't as simple as this though, it took some time to get the right 'combination' of driver removal to the point where it seemed to me that the AMD and Realtek drivers were combining to cause the problems.

Anyhow. Also worth noting is that when I install the *latest* AMD and Realtek drivers the computer starts bugging again. So I 've simply left the Realtek drivers as the ones Windows7 installs automaticaly and the AMD drivers I installed from the motherboard install CD but using Device Manager NOT the auto install process from the CD.

I did not install AMD Catalyst Control Center!

Wow, could a mild overclock cause drivers that were previously working (seemingly) to not work?! And wierdly though the install cd has never caused a problem until after I did the mild overclock. *shrug* perhaps co-incidence.

Can I throw in another issue please? Ever since I have had this motherboard, nearly every time I remove a usb key from the rear of the machine, it shutsdown completely!!!!!! Any ideas?

Andy