Has anyone experience this on their monitor?

thegogofiasco

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
ooooh001.jpg
[/URL][/img]I don't know what thread to put this in, as I don't know what the problem is. This smear-like thing happens to the computer when we run games. It's an older computer used for my kids' games. So when they play a smaller game like, Solitaire or Chuzzel, it's fine (most of the time). When they play Fate or something with more content, It has a brainfart. I've beenin New Mexico for couple of years and my father-in-law wouldn't close his windows in the house, therefore letting all of NM inside my computer and sinuses. The thermal paste completely disappeared, from overheating, from all the dust. I cleaned it out, put more thermal paste on the processor, cleaned the heat-sink, and moved back to TX. :) Every once in a while it still does it. Has anyone ever seen this, and can someone help me fix it, please? Maybe the graphics card?
My system is: Hp model a6010e with Vista Service pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3800+ 2.40 GHz
4GB (2 f them are new from Kingston)
32 bit OS
My graphics card is: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Thank you for any help.

sourodip

Distinguished
yeah i think i get ur point. the pc doesn't turn off, right? it's the mobo' integrated chipset, it's giving out. 2 months ago i used to get strange problems with my geforce7025, my chipset was dying and then to give light to the gaming part of my life, i bought a hd7750.
however, it's the mobo's chipset's(graphics) problem. It is dying. have u tried installing new drivers? tried a clean windows installation? the chipset is ancient. try the above things i mentioned and keep updating :)

thegogofiasco

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Alright, I updated the drivers, and went to play some games. It didn't freeze on me for a while, but after a couple of hours, it did. Moving on. Probably gonna' look for a new chipset. Thank you.:)