Sale Value of Desktop (Also, is it sellable?)

stratatak7

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Hello everyone. I am trying to estimate a value for my PC, but unfortunately the PC Part Picker does not have some of the parts I have used on my computer build. This was a very costly build when it was new. I am very interested in selling it to buy a new high-end Haswell Laptop.

The specifications are as follows:

-Intel Core i7 970 (6 core, 12 thread @ 3.2 GHz)
-Asus Sabertooth X58 Motherboard
-Corsair GS700 PSU
-EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB 1GB
-Corsair H80 CPU cooler with Arctic Cooling MX-4 Applied recently
-256GB Samsung 830 series SSD
-Thermaltake Soprano RS101 Case
-Lite-On DVD/CD Burner
-A multitude of intake/ exhaust fans
-6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz RAM CAS Latency 8: TR3X6G1600C8
-Windows 8 Professional 64-Bit

I've calculated the parts value to be around $1900 the best I can from PC part picker. I assembled this build in 2011. It works amazingly well and is incredibly fast and has no issues whatsoever. I keep my systems in tip-top shape. I also have a 24 inch Asus monitor I bought last year in April that works amazingly well with no dead pixels. It's a 2ms monitor still worth about $180. Not sure if I want to get rid of that or not, or if it makes a difference if I go to sell it.

Also, realistically, do I have a good chance of selling this? If so, what is the best way to go about doing so? It's been awhile since I've looked into selling any systems. Thank you!

ayushde

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2013

Why do you want to sell your build......It is still pretty powerful....The only thing you need is a gpu upgrade and a bit of cpu OC and you are good to go for another year or two

stratatak7

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

Thanks for replying. I am trying to sell it because quite honestly I don't use it very often, nor do I utilize its full potential aside from the graphics card even minutely. I am also in the market for a new laptop. I use my laptop more than anything and I am currently on a 5 year old Fujitsu T5010 with a Core 2 Duo. I am interested in seeing if it would be worth the trouble selling or not to fund my new laptop. I'm not sure how to estimate the current value of my components and price them for sale in the first place. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to sell it due to its age. I am hoping for some help with an estimate or how to go about doing so. Any guidance at all would be greatly appreciated. I really need my laptop for work (I work for a major website) and also my 6th year at University.

ayushde

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2013

Well in that case I think your build had a sell value of around 500-600 $...

stratatak7

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

Thanks a lot. That's very much appreciated.

ayushde

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2013

You are always welcome :)