Unselecting solution on Solved threads.

Well the title speaks for itself. I will speak from myself, it is easier this way in terms of language.
So, this is my question. As I check threads I come upon the solution which is not correct and this solution will lead OP to unnecessary loss of money in one way or another, loss of satisfaction with Tom's Forum and Community, and etc...

What I suppose to do in this situation, considering that the post is less than 1 week old (if it is older, I doubt OP would notice change) and there is a chance that OP might comeback and save him/her self from getting mess up (I would like to use another word starting with screw, but would not).

Options.
So unselecting original OP decision, providing the fact that OP have made a mistake unknowingly, and providing explanation why I unselected, try to prove my point.
Or
Ignoring seen mistake and let OP suffer at the end?

This is ethical question as well, I think. I remember in the past that once OP stated that he can not do this (I truly forgot this post by now), because there is no option...

I will provide a recent example of the solution, which might be wrong, pending answer from OP http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1715130/dell-optiplex-745-video-card.html

In this particular case, if OP states that he indeed has Desktop form factor, the solution picked would be incorrect, since it advises to use full height video card, which would not fit. This was acknowledged even by solution user.
What would be the right thing to do? Also, consider the situation if solution user did not show up and acknowledged his possible mistake, but OP came back and agreed with my point?

So I would like to hear what administration has to say on this situation.

I got into discussion with someone from administration about similar situation recently, which I would not disclose because it is between me and this administration person.

I was surprised by the answer, so I decided to post question here. The person in question may let all others (administration) know the details behind the scenes (I hope this will be done in this matter, because it is private matter).

And please, provide some justification of your answers, since again, leaving wrong solution stand, may lower the trust of users toward Toms Community.

Appreciate to feedback. I hope I articulated the situation more or less correct.

P.S. Can there be 2 solutions on one thread, or second solution will deselect the first one by default?

Report it to the Moderation team. If we agree with your assessment, the B.A. will be revoked and any other necessary action(s) taken.
In this case, your concern was well-founded, and I have altered the Best Answer accordingly, and added an explanation.
Thanks for improving the quality of information available to the community.

How? I don't see moderator's list anywhere, am I missing something on my page?

Do you know how many answers are incorrect over there? Plenty, this might place unnecessary burden on mods team, and at the end reporting user might be classified as trouble maker or something like this... Just a thought.

I am not saying that lets all user unselect seemed wrong answers, but to provide detailed explanation of unselect, which could be brought to the attention of mods team for arbitration. If I did a mistake and someone corrected me and provided explanation, I would simple learn on my mistakes and would not complain.

Am I wrong in my thoughts?

This is something the Moderators (I am one, although it currently is not shown, although I should have a "sheriff's star" next to my name) are discussing. Just use the report function, and indicate why. If your assessment is accurate (as in this case), a Mod will be happy to make the change; we want Tom's to be the best source for good technical information possible. If your assessment is not good, we will decline and should indicate why, possibly by PM.

You have the star in the color I selected, LOL. Report function, you mean report abuse button? I don't see any other one.

I just replied to other thread, take a look.

P.S. Can there be 2 solutions on one thread, or second solution will deselect the first one by default?

How about this?

Multiple, or "contributing" solutions is an option that has been brought up in our discussion. I believe the Community Manager and Developers are keeping a close watch on this to decide the best way to handle it.
And yes, you would use the "Report Abuse" function.

The Report Abuse button is they way to alert the Moderators to any issue that there is taking place in the thread you are in.
Alternativly in the main forum section (in this case Forum Feedback) at the bottom of the page is a list of Moderators, you can send any of us a PM stating any issue.

Alternativly in the main forum section (in this case Forum Feedback) at the bottom of the page is a list of Moderators, you can send any of us a PM stating any issue.

Which one, there are so many of you, one problem for each, or keep bugging only one, or send to the one who already provided reasonable help to me previously?
How to choose?
Sounds funny, I know, but this is serious.

About the Report Abuse button, who can see this, anyone of you, or you have separation between forums, or something similar?

The Moderators responsibility is to help with any forum issues, so by picking any one of them you will get help. Not all are on at the same time so you may have to either wait or select another. Sometimes a person will receive help from a Moderator and feel that they should ask the same one all the time, there's nothing wrong with that. The only time you would be bugging a Moderator is if you had minor issues that did not need to be resolved by a Moderator.

The report abuse button is tied to the Moderator alert panel that we check when we see that there is one or more in que, all the forums are tied together in that panel.

Very good answer. This is where 2 solution options would be great!