Closed

WSJ: Here are Apple's iTunes Radio Terms for Indie Labels

What's Apple giving record labels in exchange for their content?

WSJ: Here are Apple's iTunes Radio Terms for Indie Labels : Read more
4 answers Last reply
More about wsj apple itunes radio terms indie labels
  1. .13 center per play and 15% ad revenue? i think its safe to say indie labels wont make any profit from this.if it doesnt cost indie labels anything to put the songs on the app, then ok. but if music publishing isnt free, then this is utter ripoff.
  2. otacon72 said:
    bustapr said:
    .13 center per play and 15% ad revenue? i think its safe to say indie labels wont make any profit from this.if it doesnt cost indie labels anything to put the songs on the app, then ok. but if music publishing isnt free, then this is utter ripoff.


    Of course they are going to pay Indie Labels less than major labels...it's called business.


    Business indeed. But 13 cents a play is more than Pandora pays and WAY more than what Spotify pays... so... go Apple?
  3. Ragnar-Kon said:
    otacon72 said:
    bustapr said:
    .13 center per play and 15% ad revenue? i think its safe to say indie labels wont make any profit from this.if it doesnt cost indie labels anything to put the songs on the app, then ok. but if music publishing isnt free, then this is utter ripoff.


    Of course they are going to pay Indie Labels less than major labels...it's called business.


    Business indeed. But 13 cents a play is more than Pandora pays and WAY more than what Spotify pays... so... go Apple?


    no no. Its POINT 13 cents.
  4. PrvtChurch said:
    Ragnar-Kon said:
    otacon72 said:
    bustapr said:
    .13 center per play and 15% ad revenue? i think its safe to say indie labels wont make any profit from this.if it doesnt cost indie labels anything to put the songs on the app, then ok. but if music publishing isnt free, then this is utter ripoff.


    Of course they are going to pay Indie Labels less than major labels...it's called business.


    Business indeed. But 13 cents a play is more than Pandora pays and WAY more than what Spotify pays... so... go Apple?


    no no. Its POINT 13 cents.


    Oh, I forgot the point in my original post.

    Anyway, last I've heard though is Pandora pays .12 cents per play, and Spofity pays as low as .005 cents per play. But I don't really keep up on prices, just what I remember hearing from my buddies in the recording business.
Ask a new question

Read More

Streaming Music Apple