Sign in with
Your question

New Computer! How well will this run the most intensive software and games?

Last response: in Systems
June 28, 2013 6:51:15 PM

As it says in the title - I am going to be purchasing a new computer in a few months. I render a lot of videos for family and myself and game on the highest settings any game I have will let me. I currently have a HP Pavillion p6-2412a and it runs TF2 and Vegas Pro 11 smoothly and quickly. I also use Adobe After Effects and it smashes it like it's notepad. The one main thing I am looking for is pure silence (so it has to be very, very, very quiet) because I use a sensitive mic and don't want PC fans in the background. Anyways, I need everyone's opinion on this build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/4slime/saved/1Rtd

Now - before anyone asks why I am buying another core if I already have one - it's simple. I need to do that so it can be evaluated. Here are the parts I am keeping:

Intel i7-3770
The HDD
Windows 8
Audio Card
Monitor 1920x1080
Ethernet and WiFi cards
Optical Drive
Case Fans

The rest of the parts I might sell and all. I enjoy doing overclocks on my GPU to get more FPS. Now, to one final question - could I keep my nVidia GeForce GTX 630 2GB and use it to do Phys X or other graphics processing?

Thanks!
June 28, 2013 9:42:46 PM

4slime said:
As it says in the title - I am going to be purchasing a new computer in a few months. I render a lot of videos for family and myself and game on the highest settings any game I have will let me. I currently have a HP Pavillion p6-2412a and it runs TF2 and Vegas Pro 11 smoothly and quickly. I also use Adobe After Effects and it smashes it like it's notepad. The one main thing I am looking for is pure silence (so it has to be very, very, very quiet) because I use a sensitive mic and don't want PC fans in the background. Anyways, I need everyone's opinion on this build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/4slime/saved/1Rtd

Now - before anyone asks why I am buying another core if I already have one - it's simple. I need to do that so it can be evaluated. Here are the parts I am keeping:

Intel i7-3770
The HDD
Windows 8
Audio Card
Monitor 1920x1080
Ethernet and WiFi cards
Optical Drive
Case Fans

The rest of the parts I might sell and all. I enjoy doing overclocks on my GPU to get more FPS. Now, to one final question - could I keep my nVidia GeForce GTX 630 2GB and use it to do Phys X or other graphics processing?

Thanks!

Well your build is pretty good....But why are you not getting a k edition cpu....It is a bit more expensive but a lot more future proof.

And yes there is no harm in having a gt 630 for PhysX if it is just lying around doing nothing
June 28, 2013 11:29:14 PM

ayushde said:

Well your build is pretty good....But why are you not getting a k edition cpu....It is a bit more expensive but a lot more future proof.

And yes there is no harm in having a gt 630 for PhysX if it is just lying around doing nothing

I am not getting the K version because I already have the non-K version. I guess I could try selling the non-K and go for the K.
Related resources
June 29, 2013 8:49:16 AM

4slime said:
ayushde said:

I am not getting the K version because I already have the non-K version. I guess I could try selling the non-K and go for the K.

And BTW are you gaming on 1440p or are you going triple monitor because a pair of 770s on SLI is an absolute overkill for a single 1080p display..
June 29, 2013 4:11:19 PM

ayushde said:
4slime said:
ayushde said:

And BTW are you gaming on 1440p or are you going triple monitor because a pair of 770s on SLI is an absolute overkill for a single 1080p display..

For my birthday or Christmas I am getting another 1080p monitor/and or 1440p. I should also mention I am getting this case because of airflow and because I game on my TV every now and then.
!