Crashes then bios does not see drives

Glana

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
Hi there all, I am having trouble with my PC crashing after about 4 minutes of use. Then when i re start the bios does not recognize the SSD and second hard drive. I have to switch the power off then on again after a moment. When I re start then the drives are there and it starts normally only to crash about 4 minutes later.
PC specs are:
P8 Z77-V LX MB
i7-3770 CPU
2 4GB Corsair memory
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Adata SP900 SDD
Asus Hard Drive

I have updated the BIOS, tried to update the SSD firmware but not sure if I was successful or not. I took out the video card and ran off on board graphics, changed the memory, tried different settings in the BIOS.

Any help appreciated!

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Sounds like a hardware problem, poss PSU or even DRAM, try with a single stick, if no joy try with the other stick (in slot 1), if no joy same in slot 2, still no joy prob not the DRAM..Do have access or can you borrow another PSU

Glana

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
I have tried the DRAM by using just one, then changing them around. I did think also it could be the PSU but not so sure about that as I took out the most power hungry part when I tested the PC with out the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti installed. I am trying now to upgrade the sata drivers.

I had what sounds like a similar issue with an ocz SSD drive. It would just randomly start disappearing in the bios. RMA'd it, worked for a while, then same thing happened.

I have a Samsung now, and haven't had an issue since. Not sure if you're in the same boat, especially since you're 2nd HDD is also disappearing, but thought I'd mention it anyways.

TRENDING THREADS