Nvidia Serves Up Windows 8.1 Preview Drivers Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert3892

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
There are some apps which may not work properly without the 8.1 NVIDIA driver. I have found that the EVGA overclock scanner did not work properly without it. However, I am concerned that NVIDIA did not include a PhysX or HD audio with the driver or at least one that I could not see.

kmelaza

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I wonder if this will significantly improve GPU performance vs windows 7, if i can squeeze a decent amount of performance out of my GTX 660 i would consider jumping to Win 8 Pro.

PedanticNo1

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Like the person above me said, if Windows 8.1 can squeeze a bit of extra performance from my hardware, I'll upgrade. But I already caved and bought 7, after a decade and more of XP. It's going to take a serious product, not a gimmicky sham, to make me upgrade again. I'm sure there are plenty of other people just like me, if not the XP bit.

We're tired of this crap, Microsoft. Improve under-the-hood aspects and we'll love you for it.

Well these are no go on my system anyway. The drivers install just fine but if I try to change any settings in the Nvidia Control Panel it just stops responding before I even click apply and that means clicking anything with in the Control panel let alone trying to select anything.

And it seems going back to the driver just before this does not work with Windows 8.1 either as I get the same exact thing. It looks like Nvidia has some more work to do with there Windows 8.1 drivers luckily AMD is not having any problems with there 8.1 drivers as my two AMD/ATI rigs are working great with there 8.1 drivers. I have tried clean install and even with all Nvidia drivers gone after reboot I get the same thing. Looks like I may have to role my intel/Nvidia rig back to Windows 8 atleast for now unless Nvidia gets a fix out and being Nvidia I do not see that happening anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.