2GB to 6GB RAM improvement?

Mrjoef360

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
I have an Dell Inspiron 560 with an Asus 2GB GeForce gt630 (I know, low end.)
I only currently have 2GB of ram and I'm upgrading to 6GB soon. How much of an improvement will this make for having multiple windows open such as Chrome and a game such as The Sims 3 or Arma 2 and will it improve gameplay much as I've heard upgrading RAM would only improve the FPS by 1-2.
At the moment if I'm installing a game then chrome (Which is resource hungry) is extremely slow.

Legohouse

Honorable
May 13, 2013
You would be able to maintain more simulataneously open applications, work with larger databases, spreadsheets, etc. Video processing would be faster with the additional memory. Audio processing could also see a benefit. The system itself could use more RAM for caching which would affect many system-level processes. There are many other potential benefits, but they all depend on how you use your system.
If you are not doing heavy work with large databases and spreadsheets, video and audio editing, running multiple virtual machines, etc., the benefits of additional memory tend to be minimal since you are already at 4GB. If you are a gamer, you may see better response with some memory intensive games.

Click here for compatible memory or check crucial.com , Kingston etc.

Good luck!! :sol: