First gaming PC/rig build. Opinions needed!

xTyphoon

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
Recently I've decided that console gaming just is not cutting it anymore. I decided to venture into the world of PC gaming. This is the entire rig I've come up with, I would like to know how solid the build is, and if there is a glaring issue like incompatibility of parts. Also, I did have overclocking in mind with this rig.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670-K

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming

GPU: MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600

SSD: Samsung 840 series 120GB

HDD: WD Blue 1TB

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-118BB

PSU: Corsair GS600

Case: CM Storm Trooper

Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow 2013

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013

Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Speed Edition

I am also switching out the stock rear exhaust and radiator fans with Corsair AF-series Quiet Edition fans. Also, I know that the monitor does not have speakers, I already own a pair of Astro A40s, so sound is taken care of.

Solution
Your build looks perfect! I cannot see anything wrong with it so good luck with it and enjoy it :)

When buying your keyboard and mouse just consider other companies out their like Perixx and Logitech which make great gaming products at a lot lower price, if you are checking Perixx out look at the mx-2000 it's a great gaming mouse and it's really customisable don't think that just because you are gaming on pc you need to buy the really expensive mice and keyboards because sometimes the cheaper companies are great as well :)

ayushde

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2013

To me it looks fine.....BTW are you planning on SLIing in the future????

xTyphoon

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
I would like to keep SLI open as an option, but I'm assuming I'd need a slightly larger power supply, and I would feel better with more cooling in an SLI setup. So at that point I would probably just purchase a new more powerful GPU.

ayushde

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2013

Yes that is what I wanted to tell you.....If you want to SLI in the future then get a 700W PSU to be on the safer side...other wise you fine with this build.

222lu222

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013

May i ask how much this build would cost you? Just curious as am looking into getting one similar to yours :)

Yebol

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Your build looks perfect! I cannot see anything wrong with it so good luck with it and enjoy it :)

When buying your keyboard and mouse just consider other companies out their like Perixx and Logitech which make great gaming products at a lot lower price, if you are checking Perixx out look at the mx-2000 it's a great gaming mouse and it's really customisable don't think that just because you are gaming on pc you need to buy the really expensive mice and keyboards because sometimes the cheaper companies are great as well :)

Solution