Will the fans still spin continuously if my cpu is dead?

yes if the cpu has died and the board is getting power and will power on all the fans will get power from the board headers or molex, but obviously the computer wont boot lol could be wrong as it may not even power up but havent dealt with a dead cpu b4 they normally dont just die lol

satyamdubey

Distinguished
is this a new cpu or an old one? if it's a new one did you ensure that it is supported by your mobo?

As for your original question, yes the fans would spin like "lazy" said. The system wont boot, but the fans on the heat sink and other headers would spin. you can also enter a spin stop-loop. A spin-stop loop is often indicative of a compatibility issue (in my experience).

jeffreycao1998

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
full specs are
Case: Antec vsk-4000E
Mobo: Asus M5A 78L-M LX PLUS
Ram:Corsair 4gb 1333mhz
CPU: Amd fx 6300
Hard Drive:seagate barracuda 7200.12 320 gb
PSU:ATX0300D5WB model its max 300w
dvd drive: Model DH- 16w1s13c

jeffreycao1998

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Is this possible if the screen doesn't even turn on?!?!?! or do you do this by entering into the mobo? instead of the whole system it self. Sorry but i don't know if i make since because im new to all this stuff :p.

satyamdubey

Distinguished
Jeffrey, that is the best way to learn stuff. Yes you can do it by yourself but I would still advise you to thoroughly go through the numerous online guides and videos available. Don't go through the 5 minutes videos, rather take some time and go through the ones which are proper installation guides.

google the stuff. If you have any problem locating the proper ones, let us know and we'll help you out the best way we can.

good luck
-Satyam

Download the latest bios u need from the motherboards download page, either up to the one u need or higher as long as its not a beta bios, and download the update. The board comes with a utility to update i think its in the AI Suite if that board has it, should be called asus updater or something or its a bios dos based update with EZ flash 2.0 - http://www.asus.com/999/html/events/mb/ezflash.htm i think is the utility or throw the update on a usb drive and reset the pc and there should be a button combo the push during post and if u cant find it there should be a flash update section in the bios that should work.

That board has a crashfree bios that even if u corrupt the bios it can be restored without ruining the board or returning it, a fairly easy task if it cant be broken lol

jeffreycao1998

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
well it is 2am in the morning, as soon as i wake up tommorrow i will watch videos until noon and hopefully try to update the bios. thanks for now

-jeffrey

satyamdubey

Distinguished
Jeffrey, I hope you've considered the fact that H61 chip set boards were originally designed for second gen core i series cpus and they also need a BIOS update to support a 3rd gen core i cpu like the one you've ordered. Though chances are that the board will come with an updated BIOS, do call up Canada Computers and ask them about compatibility.

Otherwise, you'll end up in a compatibility issue similar to the AMD platform that you had ordered earlier.

All the best
-Satyam

TRENDING THREADS