I need to know if there are any GPU's compatable with my computer

BalrogOfMorgoth

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I have a dell vostro 200 (not the slim)
Specs: CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz
RAM:6 gigs 2 of which was original and 4 was kingston ddr2
Power supply 250 watt

I am no good with knowing what is compatible with what when it comes to GPU's as i am more of a medium skilled computer geek. I need to learn more about this so i can do it myself next time so if you could tell me how you know whatever type of graphics card you say is compatible how you know it is. Thanks in advance!

Your power supply is a bit low for any but the lowest level of gaming card, a 7750 would probably be the best bet as it uses less power than the slower 6670.

To find if something will work in a video card you need to know what interface the card is, how much power it takes to run (normally you would find reviews of the card and read the actual power useage instead of the manufacturer suggested power as it's always overstated by %20-30), and how large the card is. Ofcourse your budged and what the card will be used for is also needed.

BalrogOfMorgoth

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

thanks you very much for explaining how to find the right graphics card, You explained it well enouph thanks you. Now off to try and find one for $100 or less :)

Then get a Radeon 7750, low power, and will match your CPU OK. I would suggest a RAM upgrade to 4 gig as well, both of those will be about $100.

BalrogOfMorgoth

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

i already have 4 gigs of kingston hyperx ddr2 and thats all my system supports but ok i will look into the Radeon, thank you very much for the help, i needed it!

I did not read your specs correct, I saw the "2 of which was original" and somehow did not catch the full line. 6 gigs or 4 gig of ram is fine. Get a 7750 and you should be OK, just make sure it fits in your case. They do make a small form card of that model if you need that.

BalrogOfMorgoth

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

i ended up removing the original 2 sticks of 1 gb that came in the pc and left my kingston in it but i have the full sized vostro 200 not the mini so i dont think i t will be a problem thank you for the help :D