Tom's Hardware Ask Me Anything - Cooler Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicksilver98

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Cooler Master - I've been buying your products for years and have been pretty happy. Recently I've purchased a Hyper 212+ heatsink and also a pack of fans for a computer build. After initial power on I noticed that the fans had a growly tone to them. Have you considered putting some extra R&D into your fans?

dgingeri

Distinguished
I have a question I'd like to ask:

I love my HAF XB, but it's not quite perfect. Do you have any plans for any further horizontal cases like it, but with more drive bays, hot swap 2.5" bays, or an easier to work with lower level?

Jon_CM

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Hi quicksilver98,

Thanks for the kind words on Hyper 212+. Cooler Master has constantly been developing new fans, even though we have not been releasing new ones to the retail market so frequently. Take the new Jetflo 120 for example. We've taken the POM (Polyoxymethylene) material known in other formulations as Delrin™ and built a fan bearing out of it. With a tested 95 CFM at 2200 RPM, we still have a useful life of 160K hours. This is 4 times the standard lifetime of most fans out there and should ensure your cooling for many years to come.

For more information on Jetflo 120: http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/case-fan/jetflo-120.html

Jon_CM

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Hi dgingeri,

When I designed the HAF XB I had two goals, building an awsome LANbox and building an excellent test bench. Cooler Master never expected thousands of fans would be using the HAF XB to install all their components from their full tower systems and never leaving the house. In hindsight the amount of 2.5" and 3.5" HDD bays was always correct for either LANboxes or test benches, but was not enough for most people's main system.

HAF Xb is the best mass production horizontal chassis available. We have many new products planned for this segment in 2014.

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
I believe its 16:00 GMT correct me if I'm wrong

I have more of a comment to Cooler Master then a question. There need to be more cases that have cooling to match high end gaming cases and that can accommodate large graphics cards. However most of these cases have a side window or led lighting. A lot of people do not want those things. Especially for more workstation oriented builds. If there were more options I think they would sell well :)

Thanks

peanut_316

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Hi CM

i was wondering if there is plans for a new H.A.F case full tower like H.A.F X i love my HAF X i even dremelled the 230 fan off and made into a acryllic glass..now the case looks awesome.....i hate to say this but corsair just released a 900D i purchased one b/c of the design and the no new updated HAFx case...didnt really like the cosmos looks too alienwarey sorry CM. :(

peanut_316

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Hi CM

i was wondering if there is plans for a new H.A.F case full tower like H.A.F X i love my HAF X i even dremelled the 230 fan off and made into a acryllic glass..now the case looks awesome.....i hate to say this but corsair just released a 900D i purchased one b/c of the design and the no new updated HAFx case...didnt really like the cosmos looks too alienwarey sorry CM. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.