GTX 760 too high or should I aim lower?

lxxjordan23xxl

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Ok, I haven't really seen anything that addressed my concern adequately so I will describe my situation and hope to get some intuitive answers.

No, but seriously I was just wondering if my Intel core i3-2120 (dual core @3.3Ghz) would be a bottleneck with any current/next gen games if I were to pair it with a 760. I currently use the all powerful Radeon HD 7750 (since I play at 720p) and can get good performance(40-60 fps with Ultra settings) out of games like Skyrim that are more CPU heavy. Although, there is no way to know exactly how my CPU will perform in next gen games, I just want some intelligent opinions on whether or not my CPU will bottleneck the 760. I will be staying away from CPU intensive games like Battlefield and such, but for single player games, will my CPU hold out until I can upgrade in the future(like next year).

Oh, and sorry if this is in the wrong section :)

sourodip

Distinguished
ur processor will bottleneck a gtx760 in games like crysis3, skyrim i.e., games which are more cpu intensive.
I would recommend a quad core at least. bottlenecking would depend on games with ur i3-2120 and gtx760.
get something like a gtx650ti boost and the bottleneck would be minimal and would only be noticeable while recording. :)