Added New Parts Now PC Won't Start/Work!!! Help!!!

gibbls

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Hi, i have just added some new parts to my machine, i added a Intel i5 4670k processor, 2 x 4GB 1866mhz G. Skill Sniper Series RAM, and a MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard. My Windows Ultimate worked/started fine when i had my old processor/RAM/Motherboard but now after installing these new parts, it goes to "windows error recovery" and reboots after selecting "start windows normally" or if i select "start with windows repair" it will lead me through a Labyrinth of options that DO NOT HELP. I have tried every single option, I have tried using my Windows Ultimate Repair Disk, I have called Microsoft (they gave me a case number -_-) with hopes of them helping me but instead they told me to do everything that I have already done and I got the same results, I have tried formatting my hard drive through the repair disc (deleting everything and starting over) but it gives me an error message... I have tried almost everything please, please help me!!!!!:??:

PS: ANY AND ALL INFORMATION YOU NEED THAT WILL HELP YOU, HELP ME, WILL BE PROVIDED!!!

gibbls

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
I would just like to add that this is a little bit of an urgent problem, and that since I am using a friends Windows Ultimate Disc (I already had Windows 7 Ultimate installed before I had upgraded my parts) it wont even let me wipe hard drive through the disc, because there is an error message stating that I cannot use "one version of windows on a windows install disc to repair another version of windows (even though we both have Windows Ultimate Edition)?!

Re-install Windows clean, you could also have a memory issue, try using only one of the RAM sticks and also try different RAM slots.

Did you actually manage to delete the partition on the drive and start the Windows setup?

gibbls

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
I fixed it!!! as it turns out, every motherboard should come with DETAILED instructions on how to setup the BIOS CORRECTLY lol...i had to change the boot device order by switching the UEFI DVD-RW with the normal DVD-RW in the BIOS and it let me install with no errors at all!!! so excited i finally get this to work but one final question...which version of Killer Network E2200 Drivers are the latest because the order on the page indicates version 1.XXXX is the latest but the other driver is version 6.XXXX... an erliar version of version 6.XXXX was on the driver disc that came with it so i don't know :S