Windows 7 failed to start

InvallidIceCream

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Hello. i've got a problem with my HP pavillion PC. Yesterday morning when I tried to boot it up, I now get an error saying "Windows failed to start" I tried the built in system recovery options and nothing worked. I tried creating a Windows 7 repair disc and that did not work either. this is really frustrating and I do not want to have to completley restore the whole computer and lose all my data.

All the hardware appears to be fine aswell.

thank you for your time.

InvallidIceCream

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

I tried making a windows 7 repair disc from another PC and ran the Startup Repair thing. I left it overnight and it was still stuck at "Attempting repairs"

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
A Win repair from another computer will try to 'repair' to that systems specs, you want the OS disk itself, let it it start as for an install and it will see there is an install and ask if you want to repair or install

InvallidIceCream

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

Okay. My computer did not come with a Windows 7 disc. Is there any way I can burn a copy to a blank disc?

thank you for the quick responses!

InvallidIceCream

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

Okay. Thank you! :) one last question. I use Windows 7 Home premium. Would any version windows 7 such as Windows 7 professional work?