Dual Monitor using Splitter

Glenn Ian Catalan

Honorable
May 7, 2013
i bought 1 splitter and i have 3 VGI cable 1 for the output of the splitter and 2 for 2monitors VGA. how can i extend it ? because my other monitor is just cloning my other monitor. i cant extend it please help me with this problem. thx

Solution

If you really do need to have a dual monitor setup, then you really do have to purchase a dual monitor video card. Just make sure that whatever you buy is compatible with your motherboard. =)

Glenn Ian Catalan

Honorable
May 7, 2013
sir i two monitors but my 2nd monitor just cloning my 1st monitor and when i do what you said then i cant find the extended monitor it only detects my 1st monitor and the 2nd monitor clone my display of the 1st monitor

grebgonebad

Distinguished
The reason for the 2nd monitor cloning the 1st is because of the splitter. You are using 1 input for 2 outputs. The PC will only recognise the 1 input, and put 1 signal through that input, which then outputs the 1 signal onto however many monitors you have.

In order to use dual monitor, you must use 2 inputs, so the PC can send an induvidual output through each one.

grebgonebad

Distinguished

Well then unfortunately I cannot suggest any possible way to run dual extended monitors. However, a GPU with multiple monitor inputs are very cheap nowdays, providing you simply want it for dual monitor and not gaming. I have linked one below just to show you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matrox-G450-AGP-graphic-card-Dual-Head-Video-2-x-VGA-f7-/260740765149?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item3cb55c55dd

However, if you want a dual monitor setup for gaming, then a modern GPU is really the only way to go, as with extra monitors come more pixels, more VRAM usage and more GPU usage.

grebgonebad

Distinguished

If you really do need to have a dual monitor setup, then you really do have to purchase a dual monitor video card. Just make sure that whatever you buy is compatible with your motherboard. =)

Solution

Glenn Ian Catalan

Honorable
May 7, 2013

by the way how i can see the model of my motherboard ?