GIGABYTE GTX 760 vs GIGABYTE GTX 760 REV 2.0

motorclub

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2013
Whats the difference between these cards and which one is better?
Are the sizes different cause this is crucial for me to fit it in my case?

grebgonebad

Distinguished
There wont really be many differences with regards to performance. without looking too much into it I would assume that the clocks would be slightly different, but this can be easily disregarded as you can overclock them anyway. As stated above, the sizes are different, but not by much.

If I were you though I would get the R2.0 as the fact that this is a revision means that Gigabyte would have added more features, fixed bugs, etc.

grebgonebad

Distinguished

I cant say, but im sure of you take a lookk at an unboxing vid on youtube this will answer your question. However, that being said, most higher end cards have these included as standard now. Even if it doesnt, you can pick one up for a quid on ebay! =)

grebgonebad

Distinguished

Seeing as all specs are the same, then yes, go for the R2.0. Gigabyte wouldnt release a R2.0 without changing anything from the origional.

If you look at the pictures on newegg, it shows you what comes in the box. I do not see a dvi/vga adapter. Doesn't mean there isn't one, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Yes. Basically, providing you have 1 or more avaialable PCI-e x16 slots you can fit any modern GPU in. 1 thing to consider is though, if you have anything in the lower PCI-e x1 slot, the GPU Will block this slot. Other than that you're fine.

motorclub

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2013
i dont have anything in the PCi-e x1 slot and i've got a seasonic m12ii 650w psu. i assume its enough for this gpu and an fx 6300

David Besada

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
I had the Rev 1.0 then replaced with the 2.0. I though the 2.0 would be better since it had those to memory handling chips on the back plus the cooling solution and PCB of the 770. I was totally wrong. There are only 2 heat pipes on the 2.0 vs 3 on the 1.0. The 1.0 has direct touch with the GPU while 2.0 has a copper plate so as a result the 1.0 ran cooler with me with nothing more than ~70 degrees using furmark vs ~82 for the 2.0. One last thing, -but that might be just probably me being paranoid- the 1.0 ran smoother for some unknown reason.
I wish I logged all the results to prove my findings but I neither have the time nor that it is my profession. Oh and I have a video of my defective wobbly fans so tell me if I'm not delusional
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15zt87PWzU
PS: I might just had some bad luck with my card.

David Besada

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

Rev 1.0 had a plastic shroud vs Metal on 2.0. Rev 1.0 cools better as it has more heatpipes. IMO Rev 2.0 looks better.

Clevins

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

I found it : http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1769454&page=3

We reached out to GIGABYTE for answers, and GIGABYTE's response is thus:

The only difference between them is the fan cover. Rev1.0 is plastic and Rev2.0 is metal. They both have the same exact spec. The Rev1.0 will phase out soon.

So literally the only difference is in the fan cover, one being plastic, the other metal.

According to reviews, temp and noise are the same. :bounce:

GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC Version Video Card Review
HardOCP
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/07/09/gigabyte_gtx_760_oc_version_video_card_review/

Two Revisions
Just recently, GIGABYTE has released a revision 2.0 of this video card. We have the original revision 1.0 on our test-bench today, sent by GIGABYTE prior to the launch of the GeForce GTX 760. Since the launch, GIGABYTE has updated the video card to a revision 2.0 update. Note that both revisions have the exact same specifications, clock speeds, and sell for the exact same price of $259.

1373249141vufluiYpnE_1_2.jpg

1373249141vufluiYpnE_1_3.jpg

Revision 1.0, on the top, is printed on a lighter blue colored PCB, and has a smoother, rounder, and glossier WindForce 3X cooler housing. The revision 2.0 version on the bottom is printed on black PCB and has a less glossy fan housing. The housing is also not as smooth or rounded. We reached out to GIGABYTE for answers, and GIGABYTE's response is thus:

The only difference between them is the fan cover. Rev1.0 is plastic and Rev2.0 is metal. They both have the same exact spec. The Rev1.0 will phase out soon.

So literally the only difference is in the fan cover, one being plastic, the other metal. Therefore revision 1.0 will reflect the performance and overclocking potential of revision 2.0. As you will find out, that overclocking potential is very good.

David Besada

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Gigabyte wont tell you the real deal. I owned both revision and now I have the 770 from GB. Don't care about what gigabyte says, only what I saw with my own eyes.

Clevins

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

Well all i can say that every GPU is different, your might have some defect becoz others are running it just nice and the temperature on load is pretty low. :bounce:

David Besada

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

I'm not saying they are defective. All I meant to say is that Gigabyte kind of cheaped out on the Rev 2.0 and compensated for that with the looks of the cooler (metal shroud + black PCB).