Wireless Range Extender using PowerLine and 2nd Wireless Router

SlimCookie

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hello All,

Hopefully this is a quick answer for most of you.

Let me explain my situation and hopefully my solution.

Products On Hand
1 X Asus RT-AC66U Wireless Router
1 X Linksys E2500 (flashed with DD-WRT)
1 x Logitech Powerline HD 200a Starter Kit

Situation
I have a two story home and my home office is located in the top right of the home. I have the Asus router and a 35Mbps connection in the office. My wireless signal is 'ok' in the living room which is located in the lower left side of the home. The problem is that, the signal is decent but the browsing is lousy. I would like a solution that would allow me to use the above items that I have to extend my wireless signal downstairs into the living room.

My 'Thoughtful' Solution

My thought on how this would work. Connect the Logitech HD Powerline to the Asus router upstairs. Connect the second device from the Logitech Starter Kit downstairs behind my television setup. Connect the Cisco router to the Logitech Powerline Adapter through the LAN ports on the Cisco router. I think I can then follow the directions posted in another thread located here. I would follow the second instruction of Cascading A Router (same subnet)

The 'Outcome' I would like

I would like to be able to have one main wireless connection throughout the house. I don't want to jump between a downstairs wireless and a upstairs wireless as I have a shared network drive attached to the Asus router.

Please provide your best input or solution to resolve my situation.

Thank you and KCCO!

CrazyJamaican

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013