First Build, Need some advice on GPU and Motherboard.

Paryphodrome

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
So I'm building my first gaming PC and need some advice. I've pretty much decided to go with an Intel i3 3220 as I don't plan on running any super CPU intensive games. I'm trying to decide what graphics card to go with and I'm leaning towards either an Invidia GeForce GTX 650 ti or a Radeon 7790 or 7770. I'm also pretty lost when it comes to mobos and would appreciate any advice on that as well. Not planning on going crazy with this comp as it'll be a budget build but I'd like to be able to smoothly run most games as well as multi-task easily. Not planning on any video rendering or photoshop. Thanks!

For the motherboard the Asus M5A97 is a good quality budget board to use. As for the card the 650ti would be better than the 77xx series, but costs more. Performance only the 650ti is a better bet.

Paryphodrome

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

What about a good Intel mobo? The M5A97 is an AMD board.

Well i for some reason completely overlooked that part in you post haha. This would be the about equivalent http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131823

Seems like a solid budget build, later on when you get more money(Or now) Adding more ram to 8gb and maybe a higher teir gpu might be good. As for right now that will get the job done on a budget. Just remember your os!