fineshed pc build but cant get a picture

xanton

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
hi, I have finished my new build and tested it about 3 times last wee by just turning it on with no screen or keyboard or mouse connected it runs fine all the fans spin and all leds light up. the graphics card fans also spins and the card lights up leds so it deffenty works. when coming to test to a monitor this week it all works exactly he same but the monitor says no signal till I turn on the pc and a message comes up saying monitor going o sleep so it recognises the pc but will not show a picture can any one help I still haven't plugged a keyboard or mouse in so not sure weather that is the problem but im only trying to access the bios as I do not yet have windows also as my monitor is an hp 1502 I am using a dvi to vga convertor that come with the graphics card. so im hoping everything's fine and the computer just needs waking some how but I really need help thank you.

(my mother board is also an gigabyte fx990 ud3 and has no video output)

xanton

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

case: strike x advance
cpu: amd fx8150
motherboard: gigabyte fx990 ud3
graphics card: msi hd 870 hawk
ssd: sandisk read cache 32gb
hard drive: hitachi deckstar 1tb 7200rpm
ram: 36gb Komputer bay (4x 8gb)
disk drive: lite on
thermal paste:mx-4
fan control: aerocool touch 2000
cpu cooler: artic cooling freezer xtreme rev 2
network card tp link 450mbps (tl-wdn4800)

thank you for your respond

xanton

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

Hi have an g7 power extreme 880w psu witch more than enough but i have fixed the problem now it was a loose sata connection to the hardrive but thank you very much for your input this has helped alot much appreciated.
Thanks