AMD FX-8120 Very Hot Temps!

Grimsilence

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hey guys just quickly want to ask you guys a question. A couple days ago I was playing Battlefield 3 with my FX-8120, and XFX 7770. I put my 8120 on full non-overclocked potential, 3.1 Ghz. For some reason my CPU gets really hot, like I'm talking ranges between 72-80 Celsius! I don't know why it gets so hot! I have a stock fan running on the processor, because I need to get a new case if I want any real good cooling, like liquid, etc. People have said that it is designed to run at high temps, but I don't think this temp is safe! Please give me some suggestions on what to do. I got the computer in like April, and I haven't reapplied any thermal paste. Also I tried taking my fan off the processor, and it just won't come off! The latch to loosen up the grip won't even move! Is there a way to fix that also? Thanks to anyone that gives good feedback :D

Grimsilence

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Do you know why this is happening though? I went into my BIOS and right when I got into it my CPU just shot up to 60 and stayed there! I checked my voltage for the CPU and it bounces around 1.36-1.40. Is that a problem, or is it normal? I was thinking of getting water cooling for all my components, since soon I'm going to get a full tower case. But for now I guess I'll get what you suggested.