Monitor randomly rebooting itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

igivebread

Honorable
May 8, 2013
Hey guys,

Back again with a problem I posted about before and believed would be solved by a GPU replacement, but it was not. Did not want to revive my old thread so I am making a new one.

Been dealing with this problem for quite some time now. My monitor (BenQ GW2250) will randomly* turn itself off and instantly turn back on, resulting in about 5 seconds of blackness while it reboots itself.

Some days it won't happen at all, and some days it will happen all the time, but the two things that seem to trigger it are:
1. Most video games
2. Looking at many images at one time (Google images search, 4chan catalog, etc.)
But again, it randomly happens as well. In fact, it has happened three times so far as I type this message.

Here are some notes from trying to fix it in the past:
Using a VGA cable connected directly to my on-board graphics card eliminates the problem completely, so I don't think it is the monitor.
Using an HDMI cable connected to a TV also seems to fix it.
I've replaced my graphics card (with another of the same kind) and it did not fix the problem.
I've replaced my DVI cable (that I use to connect to my monitor) and it did not fix the problem.

Any help or insight into what might be causing this would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.