Looking for i7-870 packaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Does anyone know where I can find a factory retail box for the above processor? I may be selling the processor and would like to have a factory box to put the CPU and cooler into. Apparently, I thoughtlessly tossed mine years ago. I have a whole carton full of old processor boxes... but not that one :-(

basch99

Honorable
May 8, 2012
So you want to sell it right? I don't know. Ebay don't have them lol. You don't really need the box itself per se, but you need that plastic shell for your CPU. That is more important.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, I need the whole works. Box, clamshell, inner box for cooler. The paperwork isn't important. I just want to present the sale as best I can. And you're right... already checked ebay.

basch99

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I have no idea. Try to ask around your tech friends, look around the PC shops for them.... or get a Nehalem/Sandy/Ivy/Haswell box and remodel it or something. Or even try making it! Wonderful art project lol. Man this is some of the weirdest questions I've ever seen lol. Good luck!

basch99

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Or just try and be creative with your marketing. Like make a video, make a funny picture or just simply try your best to make it look real so that prospective buyers know they are not being scammed. Your long history here tells me alot about you already! I can tell your a seasoned veteran here who is also a honest person. Just like Ebay, your status here is a big deal when we talk about the sellers. So, bottom point, try to be creative or try to make it look as authentic as you can. Hope this helps.

P.S I notice the irony of trying to look authentic without the box but you know what I mean.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I've got other Intel clamshells that will fit the CPU, so that isn't an issue. I'll probably forget the idea of "boxing" it if I don't get any offers or leads from anyone. Not that big a deal. Just was curious. Btw, thanks for the compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS