Sign in with
Your question

May I just install AMD Catalyst Control Software?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 4, 2013 7:45:09 AM

I am currently using my on-board Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000. But I have a ATI Radeon HD5450 GPU too. I am wishing to use it. After connecting it to the PC may I just install AMD Catalyst Control Software or should I have to do things like uninstalling Intel(R) HD Graphics Driver and etc? If I should, what are those things I should do?
a b À AMD
July 4, 2013 7:48:38 AM

Just connect it and install the ATI driver.
July 5, 2013 2:10:31 AM

alexoiu said:
Just connect it and install the ATI driver.

Is it enough! Don't I have to uninstall Intel(R) HD Graphics Driver and etc?
Related resources
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
July 5, 2013 6:54:02 AM

Nope. No need to uninstall the Intel drivers. In fact, it's probably best that you didn't.

-Wolf sends
July 5, 2013 6:57:32 AM

Wolfshadw said:
Nope. No need to uninstall the Intel drivers. In fact, it's probably best that you didn't.

-Wolf sends

Wont the AMD Catalyst Control Software conflict with Intel(R) HD Graphics driver? Why it's probably best if I don't uninstall the Intel(R) HD Graphics driver?
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
July 5, 2013 7:00:28 AM

No, they will not conflict with each other. It's better to leave the Intel Drivers installed on the rare chance the Radeon HD5450 fails. This way, you have a backup graphics solution already in place and ready.

-Wolf sends
July 5, 2013 7:11:53 AM

Wolfshadw said:
No, they will not conflict with each other. It's better to leave the Intel Drivers installed on the rare chance the Radeon HD5450 fails. This way, you have a backup graphics solution already in place and ready.

-Wolf sends

I got it Wolfshadw. Thank you very much for your help! CHEERS!
!