Blue screen memory dump thingy going on.

rockironwebb

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
I'm having a PC issue. All is working well and I've been having no problems. Twice this week a blue screen appears with a bunch of writing indicating a problem and some sort of drive memory dump. I have a picture of the screen if that will help. I then have to manually turn of computer and re start. It is an HP DV 7 core I7-2670QM, 8GB RAM, 64 win 7,,,aftermarket 128GB SSD primary drive with a seagate momentus hybrid secondary drive (750 GB). After I shut down and restart,,all seems well and things work fine, but I am worried there may be a more serious problem that may develop. Any suggestions?

dmoening

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
If I remember correctly, sftslh.sys is a driver used in the Microsoft Application Visualization File System. Have you added any hardware to the PC recently? USB adapters? Printers or anything that was not attached to the PC before the PC started giving you the BSOD? Most likely a driver is complaining and may need updates. You can also try running a sfc /scannow

To do this try doing the following:

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator
2.Once the Command Prompt is open, type: sfc /scannow <<<---There is a space between sfc and scannow

If this finds any issues, make sure you reboot the system.

rockironwebb

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012

I ran scan and it did not find any issues. I have not recently added any hardware or software. I do use several usb controled devices. midi control pad, midi keyboard and usb mouse and keyboard. I will try and update all drivers